I have heard countless of my married girlfriends agonizing about what to get their Mother-in-Law this Christmas. For some reason, they seem to be particularly difficult to find the perfect Holiday gift for. Some MIL’s will give you a list of ideas (bless them) but others will simply say- “Oh, please don’t feel like you need to get me anything!” or “Whatever you get me will be lovely” or “Just having you and my son home for the Holidays is more than enough for me!” All those things are lovely but not the least bit helpful! Of course, we Daughters-in-Law want to give the woman (or women) who raised our incredible husband something thoughtful and awesome for Christmas!
I have both a MIL and a Step-Mother-In-Law, and I typically start writing down Holiday gift ideas in my phone’s notepad as early as May. I am lucky that both of them give us wish lists around November but I always like trying to have something thoughtful and “extra” to go along with whatever they asked for/needed.
Below you will find my Mother-in-Law inspired, list of gift ideas that I hope will inspire you as you hunt for the perfect gift this Holiday Season. I like to think this gift guide has a “hosting a cozy weekend in the Hamptons” vibe.
- Tablet Recipe Holder– I love the old world vibe of this recipe holder and it is perfect for the mom who loves trying new recipes off of Pinterest and I bet it would work well to hold a book as well!
- Monogrammed Buffalo Check Throw– You guys know I love anything buffalo check! Nordstrom carries a ton of customizable throw options so you are bound to find a print that fits in your MIL’s home!
- Monogrammed Slate Tray & Glass Dome– I am not going to lie, I want this for myself! I included this because both my MILs have great outdoor entertaining spaces and I know from recent experience that having a solution for keeping the flies away from the cheese that is elegant and practical is a MUST here in the South.
- Camille Wine Glasses– This isn’t the first time these beauties have made it onto one of my Gift Guides! I have a set of four myself and they truly elevate any occasion. They would make a great gift for any wine loving Mom out there!
- Faux Fur Slippers– There is just nothing nicer to slip your feet into than a new pair of faux fur slippers. These would make a great addition to any gift if you were looking for that little something extra to go with your main gift/gifts.
- Sandglobe.love– This awesome company was founded by siblings that were inspired by their childhood, growing up on the beaches of Pensacola Florida. These sand globes are each one of a kind and they come in a variety of sizes and colors. They are the perfect gift for a beach-loving Mom who loves a product with a beautiful back story. The Sandgove.love team was awesome enough to offer all you lovely readers 10% off of your order with the code: OHHoliday2017.
- Cheese Knives– The older I get the more I am realizing that you can never have too many cheese knives. They also make a great bonus gift if your main gift is a custom wooden cheese board by a local artist or one of those awesome slate cheese domes!
I hope these above gift ideas were helpful! Please share any gift ideas you have for moms or MILs in the comments below! Happy shopping and Happy Holidays, yall!